Monday, November 11, 2013

Entry Number 1 (Or Why You Should Read My Blog)

Hello World,

      My name's Kay and, like many fanciful twenty-somethings living in a western culture, I find myself overrun with those pesky things we call thoughts and ideas. Horrible, I know. So what's a girl to do? Write a blog about it, obviously!

This isn't going to be a blog about DIY miracles - mainly because I'm lazy and ain't nobody got time fo dat!
I won't be dishing out valuable fashion advice - I wear your grandpa's clothes. I don't look incredible.
Nor will I be telling you all my cooking secrets - not because I don't have any, but because I'm selfish and I want everyone to think that I make the world's greatest lasagna and ask me what I put in my cookies.
Any way, this is going to be an ongoing rant about me and my fiancee. (But you already guessed that from the title, you clever champ!)

So what's the deal with us, huh? Well if I'm going to expect you to spend your Saturday nights curled up on your couch with a cup of hot chocolate and your laptop just to read about my life, I better tell you the good stuff. We're both trained assassins. Lol. Jk. We're boring. We're a couple of lame-joke-making, hand-holding, God-loving, dream-date=grocery-shopping nerds. And proud of it!

I suppose the only interesting thing about us is that we met through destiny. And not like some girl named Destiny, like legit meaning-of-life kind of destiny. I live in Canada and he lives in Albania. Those are two pretty removed countries, both in geography and in culture. Realistically speaking we have no business knowing each other, let alone being all mushy gushy in love with each other. But we do and we are. So that's nice! We're pretty sure that the impossibility of our relationship is just a sign that God's got his hand in it and he'll work it out in his time. We met accidentally online on May 3rd, 2012 and we have not looked back since.

(Well to be honest, I wasn't sure about him at first. But that's a story for another time!)

Regardless, we love each other and on August 2nd, 2013 he asked me to be his wife. And I said yes.

:D


No comments:

Post a Comment